Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - created by Jane, where bloggers from all corners of the world share their view on a pre-arranged theme. If you'd like to join in, please leave a link to your Corner View post in the comments below, and be sure to visit other participants too.
Many thanks to Heather for the theme today!
- a simple pleasure is having an appointment with your big boy because he specifically wanted you to go with him to have his hair cut (for most of his life, you've cut his hair)
- a simple pleasure is when your son doesn't show up, and you've forgotten your cell phone, you know exactly where he will be: at the tennis club (playing tennis!)
- a simple pleasure is, when you realize that you haven't got enough money on you, your son searches all of his pockets, his school bag, and tennis bag, and the money you two collect together is enough for the haircut
- a simple pleasure is sitting at the old-fashioned barber's, pretending to have a clue as to how your son's hair should be cut - because both son and barber seem to need your expertise
- a simple pleasure is being in a Medieval borgo with your son, with no money to treat him to that hot chocolate and croissant you had in mind, but it's a beautiful full-moon winter evening, and you and your big boy stroll around the cobbled alleys together.
Happy Corner Viewing!