Hello! And welcome to the beginning of to Corner to Corner, a circle of giving and receiving where Joanne's tenugui goes from one person to another, starting with Jane and ending back with Joanne, wrapping a small gift of some kind. (Please read here for more details.)
Notes: go here if you'd like to view the map in a larger size. Also, I've added a link to Corner to Corner on the right side of my navigation bar, below the banner, so that you can easily get back to this post and check for updates.
In response to comments and emails - it is not too late to join in!
There are only a few guidelines to Corner to Corner:
- Please email me when you receive your Corner to Corner gift, so that I can keep track and update the map.
- If you feel like it, write a post about what you received - but it's totally up to you. If you do, I'll add a link to it next to your name in the list below.
- I will send you the email address of the next person down the list, if you don't have it (I won't make any emails public), for you to contact for street address etc.
- Wrap your little something in Joanne's tenugui. Please keep that something simple and small!
- Add a to-from tag to the tenugui wrapping string, so that when the circle closes, Joanne will receive her little something wrapped in a string that has traveled with the tenugui with all our names on (I will keep the tenugui, which is a gift for me from Joanne).
- Because there are forty of us participating, I would ask you to make a real effort to keep the circle going fairly swiftly: ideally no more than a week between receiving your little gift and sending one off to the next person down the list. That way we'll all have a chance to take part in the not-too-distant future.
- Enjoy the connection among our distant corners of the world!
(Should you change your mind about taking part, just let me know, and I'll remove your name from the list. And if your turn to receive & send comes up at an inconvenient time, just let me know and I'll move you down the list!)
(I've added the country of current residency next to each of our names. Hope I got them all right!)
Jane, Spain ✓
Kay, Netherlands ✓
Kasia, UK ✓
Joyce, US ✓
Ö, France ✓
Tzivia, US ✓
Kelleyn, US ✓
Kristin, Germany ✓
Juana, Italy ✓
Tami, Germany ✓
me, Italy ... and back to: